Specialized High Schools
There are nine Specialized High Schools in New York City. They are:
- Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts
- The Bronx High School of Science
- The Brooklyn Latin School
- Brooklyn Technical High School
- High School for Mathematics, Science and Engineering at City College of New York
- High School of American Studies at Lehman College
- Queens High School for the Sciences at York College
- Staten Island Technical High School
- Stuyvesant High School
Entrance into these schools is determined by the Specialized High School Admission Test (SHSAT), except for LaGuardia High School, which is based on a competitive audition and review of academic records. Students must be residents of New York City and current eighth grade or first-time ninth grade students in order to apply, register, sit for, and receive results for the SHSAT and LaGuardia High School audition(s).
For updates concerning Specialized High School admissions, please visit: schools.nyc.gov/shs.